Senior Network Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Riot Games 台北市
Riot Games 台北市 urgently required following position for Senior Network Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Network Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Riot Games 台北市 Jobs Details:
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Senior Network Engineer , you'll be part of a high-functioning team responsible for proactively tackling all aspects of Riot Games' network infrastructure. A big game makes big demands on a big system, and you'll be responsible for an expansive network spanning multiple data centers around the world and all the global telecommunications that support it. You'll use the know-how and discerning standards you've racked up over years of experience to recommend emerging technologies to keep the network ahead of our business goals. You'll also collaborate with Infrastructure Technology peers and handle business solutions for the company's network infrastructure.
We're looking for people who've worked in many environments with many vendors. You understand how protocols need to be implemented because you understand the protocol, not because a vendor taught you what commands to use. You love the way new technologies like SDN and NetCONF are enabling networks to move faster and be more resilient. You see how networks can be better, and you want to help make this happen, even if that means helping develop new technologies.
As a Taipei Rioter, you’ll join a smaller team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention and passion for gaming. With teams in Player Support, Community, Publishing and Marketing, Riot Games Taipei is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Taiwan/Southeast Asia players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Educated : you're a hands-on technical type with a hands-on technical degree; you've got at least your bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- A subject matter expert : you have in-depth experience and basic understanding of network protocols; full suite of IGPs, in-depth BGP, Layer 2 technologies, Device Virtualization, in-depth CoS/QoS, DoS/DDoS mitigation techniques/technologies, and everything network
- An industry veteran : you have 10+ years of experience as an accomplished Network Engineer with 5+ years working in large enterprise, global data center, and/or provider environments; professional level certifications from Alcatel-Lucent (Nokia), Cisco, or Juniper help (e.g. 3RS/SRA, CCNP/CCIE, and JNCIP/JNCIE), but we're looking for engineers that have built really robust networks and understand how to do that AND make them better because they understand how they work, not just certified by a certain vendor
- Multi-vendor : you like to play the field, and for you one network vendor is never enough; you've got 8+ years of experience with vendors like Alcatel-Lucent (Nokia), Cisco, and Juniper routing and switching, network protocols, SDN, NetCONF; you love how networks are changing and want to help make this happen faster
- A problem assassin: you study a problem, analyzing its weak points before you strike with surgical precision; you see all the angles and use this unique vantage point to come at a problem from a direction it would never expect
- A thought meteorologist : you're always thinking ahead, forecasting potential problems and following developing technological trends
- Data-informed : you were playing with data while the other kids were still playing with marbles, and you use the stats to help identify and mitigate risks, construct project schedules, and prepare status reports; you use performance metrics and measurement techniques to assess performance for network-related services
- Help engineer Riot's Network, plan and lead LAN, WAN, and network security infrastructure projects that include multi-vendor network devices, cabling systems, enterprise and carrier class switches and routers, high end firewalls, VPN technologies, network acceleration, content delivery appliances, and so on
- Improve and troubleshoot the existing infrastructure while investigating developing technologies that might augment the system in the future
- Coordinate with both engineers and supporting Rioters to help quickly identify and assassinate any issues affecting the network, including global, enterprise-level LAN, data center, WAN and Internet Edge; work with outside vendors and providers to resolve complications when necessary
- Work with contractors, vendors, and Rioters to organize, plan, and execute large-scale projects, taking them from the conceptual stages all the way through to implementation; determine the resources required to quickly meet objectives
- Troubleshoot tough problems, provide guidance, and help find creative solutions
Additional insight into applying to Riot Engineering is available on our discipline page .